MAIN PROGRAMMES OF THE RUSSIAN PEACE FOUNDATION (INTERNATIONAL NON-GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION)
THE PEOPLE REMEMBER
- Annual events to celebrate Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945: meetings between veterans and young people, peace marches and visits to battlefields, gala events to mark Defender of the Fatherland Day and Victory Day, etc.
- Assistance to the central editorial board of the Book of Memory.
- Benefit performances, shows, concerts and commemorative events.
- Cooperation with veteran organizations, search parties, support for their activities.
- Provision of medical equipment and supplies to hospitals, which care for war veterans.
- Cooperation with the United Nations Committee on NGOs, Council of Europe, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, etc.; participation in international projects and programmes.
- Cooperation with charities and non-governmental organizations in foreign countries for implementation of joint humanitarian, charitable, environmental, cultural, youth-oriented and other programmes and projects.
- Organization and implementation of joint events with the Bulgarian branch of the Russian Peace Foundation, and with representative offices in the USA and Canada.
- Participation in international NGO forums.
PEACE AND UNITY
- International and national conferences, forums, round tables, festivals, exhibitions and concerts in collaboration with partner NGOs to strengthen ties between people in different countries, encourage patriotism, etc.
- Participation in work of the Central Council of the Russian Social Chamber and its regional branches, implementation of joint measures to deepen cooperation between Russia and Belarus.
PEACE AND CULTURE
- Events to support peace and non-violence.
- Cooperation with the Russian Orthodox Church and other religious denominations to support spiritual renaissance in Russia.
PEACE AND YOUTH
- Events to support patriotic and moral education of the young; creative competitions for children, arts festivals, exhibitions.
- International youth peace camps in Moscow, Kursk, Omsk, Smolensk and Penza regions and elsewhere.
- Youth exchange with foreign partners of the Foundation.
CHILDREN OF RUSSIA
- Assistance to orphanages, welfare shelters, children's medical facilities, handicapped children, children from poor families.
- Coordination of activity by US volunteers at children's facilities and medical facilities as part of the joint Russian-American project, “Russian Initiative”.
- Rest and recreation activities in foreign countries for children from Russian orphanages (subject to coordination with partners).
- Summer recreation activities for children.
GLOBAL ART-PROJECT FOR PEACE
In order to draw attention to problems of children from vulnerable groups of society, the Russian Peace Foundation effects cooperation with notable American painter Suzanne Bort Gray. Being a native Northeast Ohio, Suzanne has Russian parentage and strives to lend assistance to children from orphanages and disadvantaged families of Russia. Suzanne Gray is the director of charitable programs “Hands Around the World” and “Global Art Project for Peace”. Her art projects, implemented jointly with orphaned children from Saint Petersburg and other cities of the world, received wide public acclaim.
Russian Peace Foundation supports the programmes “Hands Around the World” and “Global Art Project for Peace” and is eager to render assistance to volunteers of all countries to tackle the problems of peacekeeping activity and protection of socially vulnerable groups.
For additional information please enter the official website of Suzanne Gray:
- Benefit events and measures to assist war and labour veterans, hospitals for war veterans, vulnerable social groups.
- Measures to ensure that rights of orphans to housing are respected when they come of age.
- Protecting the rights of Chernobyl victims and victims of radiation caused by nuclear tests at the Semipalatinsk testing site.For many years the Russian Peace Foundation carries out programme “Children of Russia”. Within this programme the RPF renders assistance to children’s homes, social shelters, child care centers, disabled and poor children.